Running a successful online radio station takes a lot of effort. However, there are incredible resources out there to help you improve your radio station for very little cost and effort. Outsourcing tasks online can be a great way to get new station graphics created, audio production, marketing services, and more. Particularly, outsourcing tasks that take a specialized skill to freelancers with said skill can really help take your radio station to a professional level. So, if you're interested in outsourcing some tasks to freelancers, keep on reading!
Fiverr and Upwork are two of the most popular sites to find freelancers. With Fiverr, all you have to do is search for the kind of work that you need done and answer any related questions to the work, including your budget and schedule. Then, Fiverr will provide you with a list of freelancers that fit your description of the job. Prices range from $5-100+, so you can find freelancers within whatever budget you have.
With Upwork, you post a job with all of the necessary details and Upwork will highlight freelancers that fit the job, you can search for candidates, and freelancers can apply for the job. Similar to Fiverr, you can likely find freelancers within whatever budget you have.
Both of these sites are easy to use, provide a reliable way to access special talent, and offer a secure way to obtain services in exchange for payment. You can find a freelancer who specializes in just about any task that you need, so utilizing these sites for more difficult, specialized tasks can be of great value to you in improving your station and engagement with listeners.
When utilizing these sites to outsource tasks, keep in mind the following:
- When providing information to a freelancer for a job that they will be completing, be sure to provide specific details of exactly what you need to avoid confusion and ensure that you get the best result back.
- There are many freelancers and the quality of services vary, so be sure to view the exact service offered, any examples of the freelancer's work, all the related details, their rating, and any reviews.
- Delivery times vary depending on the job and on the freelancer's timeline for completing tasks, so be sure to input your schedule for the task when necessary and view any delivery time details available.
Here are some of the most common specialized categories and tasks to consider for outsourcing:
- Audio Production (Voice Over, Jingles, Custom Audio Drops, Sound Effects)
- Audio Mastering (Editing, Mixing, Recording)
- Digital Marketing (Social Media, Email)
- Graphic Design (Station Graphics, Station Logo, Cover Art)
- Custom Video Creation
Whether you have tasks that are specialized or simply mundane, these sites can be really helpful in getting things done to improve your radio station. After all, running your own station can be challenging and overwhelming, so outsourcing some tasks can also help you get back to the tasks that you especially enjoy. There is tons of talent on Fiverr and Upwork, so next time you have a task that needs completed, consider using them to find some awesome, reasonably priced talent to make your station stand out from the rest!
For a list of tools and resources for your radio station, check out our article here.
See how many stations have joined the Radio Revolution at https://live365.com/listen. Keep up with the latest news by following us on Facebook (Live365 Official and Live365 Broadcasting) and Twitter (@Live365 and @Broadcaster365)!
Article Image: mohamed_hassan via Pixabay.