Broadcasting, Broadcast, Licensing

How to Get Music Royalty Coverage for Your Shoutcast Stream

Although you have a Shoutcast stream, you may be looking for a music licensing provider since Shoutcast does not cover any music copyrights of any kind. And, in order to play any commercial music on your station, you've got to have music licensing.

Well, we want to let you know that Live365 can definitely help on the music licensing front.

Live365 is a one-stop shop for your internet radio station, providing you with powerful streaming tools, licensing, monetization, and listening distribution. For more information about everything that Live365 has to offer, check out our website.

Live365 covers licensing for the U.S., Canada, and U.K., and the licensing is all included in the package price. We cover SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC licenses in the United States, as well as SOCAN and Re:Sound for Canada, and PPL and PRS for Music for the U.K.

Even if you have a Shoutcast stream, you can quickly and easily bring your station hosting over to Live365 to get music licensing coverage. Using our relay feature, all you need to do is enter your current streaming URL into the Live365 dashboard and you are good to go. It's really as simple as that, and you'll be totally covered by our music licensing. But, we'll always be here in case you ever need any assistance.

We offer a 7-day free trial for you to get started, and we will be right along with you as you get the relay setup! So, to get started with us here at Live365, click here, or email us at

Ready to start your own station? Contact one of our Product Consultants or visit our website today. Keep up with the latest news by following us on Facebook (Live365 (Official) and Live365 Broadcasting) and Twitter (@Live365 and @Broadcast365)!

Author image

About Michelle Ruoff

  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania