The Band have announced that they will be releasing a reissue of their self-titled second album to commemorate the album's 50th anniversary.
Due out Nov. 15 via Capitol/UMe, the reissue will include 13 outtakes, 6 of which have never been released, and the first official release of their performance at Woodstock.
The reissue will be released as a super deluxe edition box set (two CDs, a Blu-ray, two vinyl LPs, a seven-inch vinyl single, and a hardbound book), a two-CD set, a two LP black vinyl set, a limited edition two LP “tiger’s eye” color vinyl package, and digitally. All versions will feature a new stereo mix of The Band by Bob Clearmountain based on the original multi-track masters.
The Band's 50th Anniversary Edition is available to pre-order now.
Ahead of the reissue, the Band have shared a previously unreleased alternate version of “Rag Mama Rag.”
Check out the unreleased alternate version of “Rag Mama Rag” and the Band's 50th Anniversary Edition tracklist below.
- “Across The Great Divide”
- “Rag Mama Rag”
- “The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down”
- “When You Awake”
- “Up On Cripple Creek”
- “Whispering Pines”
- “Jemima Surrender”
- “Rockin’ Chair”
- “Look Out Cleveland”
- “The Unfaithful Servant”
- “King Harvest (Has Surely Come)”
- “Up On Cripple Creek” (Earlier Take) *
- “Rag Mama Rag” (Alternate Version) *
- “The Unfaithful Servant” (Alternate Version) *
- “Look Out Cleveland” (Instrumental Mix) *
- “Rockin’ Chair” (A Cappella / Stripped Down) *
- “Up On Cripple Creek” (Instrumental Mix) *
Disc Two – Live At Woodstock, 1969 (Original Rough Mixes)
- “Chest Fever”
- “Tears Of Rage”
- “We Can Talk”
- “Don’t Ya Tell Henry”
- “Baby Don’t You Do It”
- “Ain’t No More Cane On The Brazos”
- “Long Black Veil”
- “This Wheel’s On Fire”
- “I Shall Be Released”
- “The Weight”
- “Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever”
Additional Studio Bonus Tracks:
- “Get Up Jake” (Outtake – Stereo Mix)
- “Rag Mama Rag” (Alternate Vocal Take – Rough Mix)
- “The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down” (Alternate Mix)
- “Up On Cripple Creek” (Alternate Take)
- “Whispering Pines” (Alternate Take)
- “Jemima Surrender” (Alternate Take)
- “King Harvest (Has Surely Come)” (Alternate Performance)
For all your music needs, head over to Live365.com for the best variety of radio stations around.
Keep up with the latest news by following us on Facebook (Live365 Official and Live365 Broadcasting) and Twitter (@Live365 and @Broadcaster365)!
Article image: 1970 Billboard trade ad for The Band's single "Time To Kill" / "The Shape I'm In." (Capitol Records [Available through Public Domain] via Wikimedia Commons.)