The Band have announced that they will be releasing a reissue of their self-titled second album to commemorate the album's 50th anniversary.
Due out Nov. 15 via Capitol/UMe, the reissue will include 13 outtakes, 6 of which have never been released, and the first official release of their performance at Woodstock.
The reissue will be released as a super deluxe edition box set (two CDs, a Blu-ray, two vinyl LPs, a seven-inch vinyl single, and a hardbound book), a two-CD set, a two LP black vinyl set, a limited edition two LP “tiger’s eye” color vinyl package, and digitally. All versions will feature a new stereo mix of The Band by Bob Clearmountain based on the original multi-track masters.
The Band's 50th Anniversary Edition is available to pre-order now.
Ahead of the reissue, the Band have shared a previously unreleased alternate version of “Rag Mama Rag.”
Check out the unreleased alternate version of “Rag Mama Rag” and the Band's 50th Anniversary Edition tracklist below.
- “Across The Great Divide”
- “Rag Mama Rag”
- “The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down”
- “When You Awake”
- “Up On Cripple Creek”
- “Whispering Pines”
- “Jemima Surrender”
- “Rockin’ Chair”
- “Look Out Cleveland”
- “The Unfaithful Servant”
- “King Harvest (Has Surely Come)”
- “Up On Cripple Creek” (Earlier Take) *
- “Rag Mama Rag” (Alternate Version) *
- “The Unfaithful Servant” (Alternate Version) *
- “Look Out Cleveland” (Instrumental Mix) *
- “Rockin’ Chair” (A Cappella / Stripped Down) *
- “Up On Cripple Creek” (Instrumental Mix) *
Disc Two – Live At Woodstock, 1969 (Original Rough Mixes)
- “Chest Fever”
- “Tears Of Rage”
- “We Can Talk”
- “Don’t Ya Tell Henry”
- “Baby Don’t You Do It”
- “Ain’t No More Cane On The Brazos”
- “Long Black Veil”
- “This Wheel’s On Fire”
- “I Shall Be Released”
- “The Weight”
- “Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever”
Additional Studio Bonus Tracks:
- “Get Up Jake” (Outtake – Stereo Mix)
- “Rag Mama Rag” (Alternate Vocal Take – Rough Mix)
- “The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down” (Alternate Mix)
- “Up On Cripple Creek” (Alternate Take)
- “Whispering Pines” (Alternate Take)
- “Jemima Surrender” (Alternate Take)
- “King Harvest (Has Surely Come)” (Alternate Performance)
For all your music needs, head over to Live365.com for the best variety of radio stations around.
Article image: 1970 Billboard trade ad for The Band's single "Time To Kill" / "The Shape I'm In." (Capitol Records [Available through Public Domain] via Wikimedia Commons.)