Great summer songs from years past often come back to us when the first ray of sunshine peeks through the clouds and the temperature hits 70 degrees. Those songs have stuck with us since we first heard them and elicit strong emotions and nostalgia.
Billboard recently compiled a list called “100 Biggest Summer Songs of All Time.” You can check out the full list here, but below is a quick top ten list.
- "I’ll Be Missing You (feat. 112)" - Puff Daddy & Faith Evans (1997)
- "The Boy Is Mine" - Brandy & Monica (1998)
- "Tossin’ and Turnin’" - Bobby Lewis (1961)
- "Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. and Pharrell)" - Robin Thicke (2013)
- "Every Breath You Take" - The Police (1983)
- "We Belong Together" - Mariah Carey (2005)
- "I Just Want to Be Your Everything" - Andy Gibb (1977)
- "When Doves Cry" - Prince & The Revolution (1984)
- "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" - Bryan Adams (1991)
- "Alone Again (Naturally)" - Gilbert O’Sullivan (1972)
Further down the list, plenty of other songs are included, such as favorites from The Rolling Stones, Beyonce, Sir Mix-a-Lot, The Doors, Carole King, and many more.
Does your station have any of these summer hits in rotation? Or, perhaps you’ve discovered a new great summer song that hasn’t made this list yet, but with your help it'll skyrocket on the charts in no time!
If you are playing new summer music, don't forget to promote it on social media. New artist? Tag them in the post! It could be mutually beneficial - you bring your audience to them, and they bring their audience to you.
See how many stations have joined the Radio Revolution at live365.com/listen. Keep up with the latest news by following us on Facebook (Live365 Official and Live365 Broadcasting) and Twitter (@Live365 and @Broadcaster365)!
Article Image: Porapak Apichodilok via Pexels.