Janet Jackson is set to reissue her sixth studio album, The Velvet Rope, in celebration of its 25th anniversary this week. The deluxe edition will include bonus tracks, B-sides, and remixes.
The new edition will arrive this Friday (October 7), exactly 25 years after the original album was released. The release will be divided into two "Components," with the second component compiling remixes of Jackson's tracks. Several videos from the album will also be remastered for the release.
Rarities "Accept Me" and "God’s Stepchild" as well as B-sides and remixes that were previously only available via CD singles will now be available across streaming platforms. Remixes include Teddy Riley’s "TNT" remix of the Blackstreet-assisted "I Get Lonely," J. Dilla‘s remix of "Got ‘Til It’s Gone," and Timbaland/Missy Elliott‘s remix of "Go Deep."
Upon its 1997 release, The Velvet Rope debuted at No.1 on the Billboard 200, earned platinum and gold certifications around the world, and was ranked among Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list.
In other Janet Jackson news, the artist's most recent studio album, Unbreakable, arrived in 2015. In January of this year, a docuseries on Jackson’s life and career premiered on Lifetime and A&E, with clips of new music interspersed throughout.
See the full tracklist of the 25th anniversary edition of The Velvet Rope below.
- Interlude -Twisted Elegance
- Velvet Rope [feat. Vanessa-Mae]
- Got ‘Til It’s Gone [feat. Q-Tip & Joni Mitchell]
- Interlude – Speaker Phone
- My Need
- Interlude – Fasten Your Seatbelts
- Go Deep
- Free Xone
- Interlude – Memory
- Together Again
- Interlude – Online
- Interlude – Full
- What About
- Every Time
- Tonight’s The Night
- I Get Lonely
- Rope Burn
- Interlude – Sad
- Can’t Be Stopped
- Accept Me [Bonus Track]
- God’s Stepchild [Bonus Track]
- I Get Lonely (TNT Remix Edit) with BLACKstreet
- Got ‘Til It’s Gone (Ummah Jay Dee’s Revenge Mix)
- Go Deep (Timbaland/Missy Remix) featuring Missy “Misdemeanor” Elliott
- Together Again (Jimmy Jam Deeper Mix)
- Every Time (Jam & Lewis Disco Mix)
- I Get Lonely (Jam & Lewis Feel My Bass Mix)
- Got ‘Til It’s Gone (David Morales & Frankie Knuckles Def Club Mix)
- Together Again (Tony Moran 12” Club Mix)
- Go Deep (Masters at Work Thunder Mix)
- Together Again (Tony Humphries Club Mix Edit)
- I Get Lonely (Jason vs. Janet The Club Remix)
- Go Deep (Masters At Work Vocal Deep Disco Dub)
- Got ‘Til It’s Gone (Armand Van Helden Bonus Beats)
Check out our selection of free stations streaming Janet Jackson music at Live365.com.
Rather listen on our app? Download the Live365 app on iOS or Android. Ready to start your own station? Contact one of our Product Consultants or visit our website today. Keep up with the latest news by following us on Facebook (Live365 (Official) and Live365 Broadcasting) and Twitter (@Live365 and @Broadcast365)!
Article Image: Janet Jackson at the 2020 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 25, 2020. (Jean_Nelson via DepositPhotos.)