TO: The Live365 Community
FROM: Jon Stephenson (CEO, Live365)
Well, another year has come and gone, and I wanted to take a moment to reflect on 2021 and what we’ve been building together here at Live365. On behalf of the entire Live365 team, I want to personally thank you for your active participation in our community and your devotion to delivering world-class programming to listeners worldwide. As the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has remained an obstacle, we have been able to accomplish so much with you by our side.
In 2021, our parent company (Media Creek, Inc.) added 10 new team members to our distributed workforce, several of which were Support team additions. Media Creek also celebrated many accomplishments across all of its brands, including making the Inc. 5000 list for the third year in a row. With the year coming to a close, we celebrate Live365's fifth anniversary since our relaunch in 2017 and look toward a new year of investment into the Live365 platform, as we work to consistently provide the best service for audio creators, their audience, and rights holders.
Here's a rundown of what we accomplished in 2021:
- Grew to over 3,500 active stations
- Surpassed 1,800 Community Members in the Live365 Broadcasters Facebook Group
- Delivered our most-requested feature to date, MultiTrack
- Released our in-house encoder, Live365 Encoder (beta)
- Expanded our package offering with Broadcast 4 and 5
- Unveiled the newly redesigned and upgraded Live365.com website
- Added iHeartRadio distribution to our Broadcast 4 and 5 packages
- Released two new embeddable widgets to allow for listening directly on a website
- Held the first-ever Live365 Virtual Summit
- Sponsored several key events:
What’s coming next year?
- Revamped mobile apps, including branded single-station apps
- Account Management within the Live365 Dashboard
- Integration with more services to grow listenership
- More bitrate and codec support for enhanced streaming playback
Have something to suggest or want to weigh in on what we should work on next? See our Feature Request portal.
Hoping to meet up with us in person in 2022?
Given the changing nature of in-person events, if you're hoping to meet up with us in person this year, reach out to email@example.com to inquire about the status of events that we may be attending!
Once again, thank you. As we move into the new year, we feel grateful for 2021 and we're more excited than ever about what's to come in 2022. As always, if there's anything we can do to improve your Live365 experience, please reach out to our Support team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Talk to you in 2022!
Discover thousands of free stations from every genre of music and talk at Live365.com. Keep up with the latest news by following us on Facebook (Live365 (Official) and Live365 Broadcasting) and Twitter (@Live365 and @Broadcast365)!
Article Image: A sparkler among colorful lights, with the Live365 logo and text "2021 Year in Review."