In addition to Apple Podcasts (iTunes), Spotify, and Google Play Music and Google Podcasts, you most likely want to submit your podcast to Stitcher and TuneIn to increase your discoverability. Stitcher and TuneIn both allow for podcast submissions and the submission processes are pretty simple. Below, we've gone through the steps for submitting your podcast to both directories so that you can increase your visibility.
Before you submit your podcast to Stitcher or TuneIn, make sure you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Your artwork is a square JPG or PNG formatted image at least 1400 x 1400 (1400 x 1400 JPG image recommended).
- You have a unique podcast title.
- You have created at least one podcast episode in either mp3 or m4a audio format.
- To add your podcast to Stitcher, you must first apply to be a Content Provider here.
- After applying, sign into your newly created account.
- Select “Add Shows” from the navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Enter your RSS feed and show details.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click the "Continue" button.
- Review your application and select "Submit Application."
- Wait for approval.
Stitcher manually approves every show and this process takes approximately 3-7 days.
- To add your podcast to TuneIn, navigate to this page.
- Fill in the required details and send your email.
- Wait for approval.
Note that by default, Amazon Alexa gets podcasts from TuneIn, so once your podcast is on TuneIn, your podcast will be easily accessible via Alexa. Listeners using Alexa are able to access podcasts through some other directories, however they need to enable the Alexa Skill for whatever directory they would like to use.
There's no doubt that if your podcast is on more directories, it has a better chance of gaining listeners. Since there are many directories, both mainstream and more niche, listeners have their preference of directory and usually stick with that preference. That is exactly why it is important to make sure your podcast is on every directory possible, so that no matter the directory preference of the listener, you have a chance of gaining that listener. Happy podcasting!
See how many stations have joined the Radio Revolution at https://live365.com/listen. Keep up with the latest news by following us on Facebook (Live365 Official and Live365 Broadcasting) and Twitter (@Live365 and @Broadcaster365)!
Article Image: mohamed_hassan via Pixabay.