So, you've decided to start your own station, but you don't know where to start? Or, are you just wondering how you can improve your station this year? Whether you're a beginner or a veteran, improving your station might be on your mind. If so, we've neatly compiled all of our informational broadcaster articles to make it simple for you.
This article is meant to be an easy way for you to get the specific information that you want. If you are only looking for information on a specific topic, scroll to that topic below or press CMD+F (Mac) or CTRL+F (Windows) and enter a keyword related to what you're looking for. If you are looking for comprehensive information about broadcasting, take a look at each article! We have ensured that each article is uniquely different and beneficial for you, the reader.
Overview of Starting an Internet Radio Station:
If you are brand new to internet radio broadcasting, the articles below are a great place to start to learn about internet radio and what you need to do to start your station.
- Internet Radio Broadcasting FAQ
- Glossary of Radio Terms
- The Beginner's Guide to Internet Radio
- How to Start an Internet Radio Station
- Live365’s Knowledge Base
- The Advantages of Internet Radio
- 5 Differences Between Live Radio Broadcasting and Podcasting
- Broadcast or Podcast? How to Pick a Medium for Your Show Idea
- The Unifying Force of Radio
- Who is the Biggest Audio Generation & What Does That Mean for Internet Radio?
- 10 Books Every Radio Broadcaster Should Have On Their Shelf
- How to Create a Radio Station Setup on a Budget
Licensing & Legality
- Do I Need a License for Internet Radio?
- The Importance of Metadata
- How to Check If Your Radio Station Is Legal
- Keeping Your Radio Station Legal
- Top Tips for Internet Radio Broadcasting
- 10 Radio Mistakes to Avoid
- Rookie Radio Mistakes Not to Make on Air
- Does Your Radio Station Sound Like the Pros?
Planning Your Station:
- What Makes a Station Successful?
- What is Compelling Radio Station Content?
- Finding Your Niche as a Radio Broadcaster
- A Full Guide to Choosing a Radio Station Name
- The Importance of Appealing Images on Your Radio Station
- Radio Station Logo Tips
- How to Write Engaging Descriptions of Your Radio Station
- Effective vs. Ineffective Radio Station Descriptions
- Branding Your Internet Radio Station
- How to Create a Radio Station Brand Style Guide
- Making the Most of Your Radio Station Profile
- Genres on the Station Profile Page: What's Their Significance?
- A Full Guide to Radio Station Formats
Setting Up Your Studio:
- 5 Must-Have Pieces of Radio Equipment for a Professional Studio Setup
- Tools for Your Radio Station
- Top 5 Headphones for Internet Radio Broadcasting
- 5 Top-Rated Microphones for Internet Radio
- 7 Microphone Etiquette Tips for Your Radio Broadcasts
- A Full Guide to Microphones: Types & Uses in Radio
Hosting Your Station:
- Five Reasons to Choose Live365
- Get Music Licensing for Your Shoutcast Stream
- Live365 for Communities
- Live365 for Businesses
- Live365 for Education
- Stream Licensing 101
- Choosing the Right Live365 Broadcast Package
Programming Your Station:
- AutoDJ vs. LiveDJ vs. Scheduled Events: Which is Best?
- Top 3 Programming Best Practices for Your Live365 Station
- The Move Away from Genres: Programming Your Radio Station Based on Activities & Moods
Music & Playlist Creation
- Where Can I Get Content For My Radio Station?
- How to Keep Up with Music Releases
- Adding Content to Your Radio Station
- Categorizing a Music Library
- Creating Track Categories to Organize Your Library
- Using Media Types to Help Build Your Playlists
- Coding a Music Library
- Rotation Clocks
- How to Make Great Playlists for Your Radio Station
- Music Selection and Playlist Creation
- Creating a Daily Playlist
- 11 Playlist Theme Ideas for Your Radio Station
- 10 Tips for Creating Perfect Radio Playlists
- 5 Tips for Creating a Short-Form Playlist
- The Importance of Updating Your Radio Station Programming
- Updating Your Music Library
- How to Accept Independent Music Submissions for Your Station
- What Does Latin Music's Popularity Mean for Internet Radio?
- What are the Fastest-Growing Music Genres?
- Creating Summer Playlists
- The Best Summer Songs of All Time
- Creating Fall Playlists for Your Radio Station
- Creating Road Trip Playlists
- Planning for the Holidays on Your Radio Station
- 5 Tips for Celebrating the Holidays on Your Radio Station
- How to Decide on Holiday Music for Your Radio Station
- Using Holidays to Your Advantage as a Radio Broadcaster
- A Complete Guide to Playing Holiday Music on Your Radio Station
- Top 15 Most Celebrated Holidays Around the World
- Holiday Songs for Specific Radio Genres
- 20 Niche Holidays to Celebrate on Your Radio Station
- 15 Modern Halloween Songs to Play on Your Radio Station
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Juneteenth On Your Radio Station
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pride Month on Your Radio Station
Talk & Live Events
- Best Software for Broadcasting Live
- Spoken Word Audio vs. Music on Your Radio Station
- 15 Talk Radio Topics
- 12 Creative Segment Ideas for Your Live Radio Event
- How to Pick Talk Radio Topics for Your Live Radio Event
- How to Write a Script for Your Live Radio Event
- Top 10 Tips for Being a Great Live Radio Broadcaster
- Best Vocal Warm-Ups for Radio Broadcasters
- Are Your Live Broadcasts Top Notch?
- Special Radio Station Programming for Award Shows
- How to Create an Audio Drama
- 5 Games to Play with Your Radio Station Listeners
- 5 More Games to Play with Your Radio Station Listeners
- A Complete Guide to Having Guests on Your Radio Station
- How to Find Guests for Your Radio Station or Podcast
- 10 Tips for Becoming a Great Radio Interviewer
- Crafting Questions for Your Radio Guests
- How to Structure Radio & Podcast Interviews
- 5 Games to Play With Your Radio Station Guests
Marketing Your Station:
- How to Grow Your Radio Station's Audience
- Keeping Your Radio Audience Updated
- How to Figure Out Your Radio Station's Audience Demographics
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Radio Listeners Listening Longer
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Radio Listener's Experience
- Keeping Your Audience Engaged
- Pairing Your Radio Station with a Podcast (& Vice Versa)
- Improving Your Radio Station with Small Investments
- Tips for Networking as a Radio Broadcaster
- Outsourcing Tasks To Improve Your Radio Station
- A Complete Guide to Accepting Donations for Your Radio Station
- Internet Radio: Focusing on an International or Local Audience?
- Internet Radio: Focusing on Marketing On-Air DJs or the Overall Station?
- How to Sell Merch for Your Radio Station
- How to Write a Press Release for Your Radio Station
- How to Gather Radio Listener Feedback
- How to Create a Media Kit for Your Radio Station
- Social Media for Radio Stations: How to Optimize Your Accounts
- Using Social Media to Promote Your Station
- How to Start a Facebook Page for Your Radio Station
- How to Manage Your Radio Station's Facebook Page
- How to Start an Instagram Page for Your Radio Station
- How to Manage Your Radio Station's Instagram Page
- How to Start a Twitter for Your Radio Station
- How to Manage Your Radio Station's Twitter Account
- How to Gain More Social Media Followers
- The Dos and Don'ts of Interacting with Your Radio Listeners
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Be Using TikTok for Your Radio Station
- How to Start a TikTok for Your Radio Station
- Establishing Your Station's Online Presence
- Creating a Newsletter for Your Radio Station
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Have a Website for Your Radio Station
- A Guide to Repurposing Your Radio Content
- 5 Great Website Builders for Your Radio Station
We hope that this compilation of broadcaster articles is helpful for you. We are constantly creating new informational articles, so keep this article handy as we will be adding to it as our new articles are released. Happy broadcasting!
Looking for more specific information pertaining to the Live365 service? See our Help Desk.
Discover thousands of free stations from every genre of music and talk at Live365.com. Rather listen on our app? Download the Live365 app on iOS or Android. Keep up with the latest news by following us on Facebook (Live365 (Official) and Live365 Broadcasting) and Twitter (@Live365 and @Broadcast365)!
Article Image: Joe007 via Pixabay.